Saturday, June 05, 2010

I have safely arrived in Croatia! After an incredible week of training up at Malenovice, we drove 12 hours to the Vuletics' house in Rijeka. The past three days have been spent preparing materials for camps and interacting with students from the local youth group.

One of the most fun experiences I have had so far was during a youth group meeting yesterday. Our intern team sat in while the planning all went in Croatian. One thing I have been very excited about has been to learn the Croatian language while here, and this was my first opportunity to really listen and see how much I could understand. Knowing Czech certainly helps! With Stevo's daughter Nina's help with some words, I was able to understand about 25% of what was going on! 

One big project that I have been working on has been a magnification of the camp logo on a big poster. It's been great to get those creative juices flowing and working with my hands! Here's the finished product:



And one of Marko Vuletic and I:


More creative hard work! (Bronwen, Nina and Marko):


And lots of fun on the trampoline! (Lauren, Nathan, Nina and Daci):


This afternoon we are having a Campus Crusade group over for dinner. They are serving in Croatia for a couple months and we are wanting to connect with them and hopefully do some street ministry with them throughout the summer! 

It has been an incredible blessing to be at Stevo and Sarah's house. They are great hosts. It's a very restful environment, even though we're definitely being worked hard! Alrighty, back to painting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the photo of you and Marko! Great blog post too! And I like the new look of your blog! Okay...so I pretty much like everything about it...ha ha! Unbiased mom's opinion.

Claire said...

Yay! fun to hear about your trip! say hi to all the Vuletics for me!!