Sunday, August 01, 2010

This day was always meant to come. I just guess I never thought it would come so quickly. There's no turning back now, I've stepped over a line that no one has been able to take back. In life we must all face such days, moving boldly ahead. No turning back.

Of course, what I am talking about is my 20th Birthday! I am no longer a teenager. That's pretty crazy! I haven't had a zero in my age since I was ten! Haha. Indeed. 




So, after the second camp was finished and we sent off the American team, our intern team had a couple days of rest. It was a great way to regain strength after working hard for the past two months. The first day the four of us interns drove 3 and a half hours to Venice, and spent the day walking through the windy alleyways of the old Italian city. The second and third days were more individual - great time alone with the Lord.






Then we were able to hold another youth group, and were so encouraged again by the number of students who came! Jamey spoke about asking the Lord questions, and I know it made an impact on us all.


The following week was spent meeting up with as many students individually as possible. We had a lot of fun, and it was really fun listening to them look back on camp and reflect on how they were changed through it. 




On Friday we had the privilege of seeing most of the campers come together to our big English Camp reunion at the house. We grilled burgers, sang songs, danced camp dances, and had an awesome time together. I got to do video interviews with a lot of the students about their experiences at camp, and am looking forward to sharing some of them with you once I compile a video!






With only four more days left, a lot of thoughts are going through my head. I will share those with you at a later time, but until then, pray that we would all finish strongly. Pray that we would run this race till the end, to the glory of our Lord. We still have some students to meet with, so pray that those would be good connections, and that the Lord would work in the lives of the students through them.


Thank you for your incredible support throughout the entire summer. It has been a huge blessing to know that so many stand behind me and are praying for me and this ministry. I am excited to share more with you again soon.

No comments: