Tuesday, August 09, 2011

On July 20th, 2011, there was a multitude of angels in heaven rejoicing over the spiritual birth of a new daughter of God!


During our first discussion group, we asked everyone what their hopes or expectations were of camp. Many said, "I want to learn better English," or, "I came to meet Americans." Aneta's response was quite different: "I'm here because I want to find God."

As we stayed up late in our discussion group flipping through Scripture and answering questions, it was so obvious to both Ryan and I that the Lord had a firm grip on this young girl. We knew He would complete the work He had started and draw her to Himself.

And on July 20th, 2011, this lost sheep was found. Her eyes were opened to the glory of Jesus Christ and her own need for a Savior. Let us all rejoice for our new sister in Christ!!


Luke 15:3-7
So [Jesus] told them this parable:

“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’

Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Aneta has an incredible story of God's faithfulness amidst much pain and struggle. I can't wait for you to hear the whole story in heaven one day! But really, her story is just beginning. Aneta needs much prayer as she begins her walk with the Lord. Being a Christian in the Czech Republic is not a popular thing, and she will likely face opposition from her family and friends. There will be times where she will no doubt feel alone. May she find her comfort and satisfaction in Him alone!

Would you pray with me for this newborn child? 

No comments: