Saturday, March 08, 2008

I came across this quote today:

There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly; sometimes it's like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges.
Ernest Hemingway

This is SO true!!!! And I'm currently drilling and blasting away the rock. I'm so used to things going smoothly, and it's so weird =) As many of you know, I take an online writing course, and every week we have an assignment. I'm currently writing a campaign speech. I've never written a speech before, and it's tough putting myself out and showing people what would make me a good leader. But I'm about half way, and it's going good now. And the important part is that it's really stretching me!

I got a haircut today, I needed it shorter for my trip to Israel tomorrow. One of the best haircuts I've ever gotten! So I'm happy.

I've been looking for new music for a while now...and just hit the jackpot.

  • Melee - a really great band from California, really happy and fun to listen to!! I've had one of their songs in my head all day.
  • Until June - great writing music, very nice and melancholy. Without them I wouldn't be able to do my paper.
  • Daphne Loves Derby - I just have a couple acoustic songs, and they're amazing. Very inspirational, makes me want to write a couple songs myself! (which I would do if it were not for my cast...)

Okay, gotta go finish writing my speech.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that quote! Where'd you find it?

You've done well at persevering with this assignment. Won't you feel great tomorrow when it's all done and you can get on that plane without it hanging over you?!

I'll miss you...

Mom